Do you get Error code 0x800F081F while installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows system ?
If yes, then you are right place to get the perfect working solution. Just follow my steps and get the error code 0x800F081F solved.
As per the official website of microsoft, “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is a technology that supports building and running the next generation of applications and Web services.” In previous builds of windows, this software was pre-installed but in Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 it’s not there. So, while installing this many users face issue and get the error code 0x800F081F.
One needs to install this software manually but maximum of users cannot install Microsoft .NET Framwork 3.5 because of this error code 0x800F081F. If you are encountering this problem, I will be providing few methods on how to fix Error Code 0x800F081F while installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows.
Best ways to fix Error Code 0x800F081F during installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows
If you tried to install this Windows .NET Framework 3.5 Feature Manual or Automatically and you unfortunately ended with a windows error code 0x800F081F saying that ” The source files could not be found ” then there’re few methods to fix that which are given below. Just follow these methods:
Method 1. Remove Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 updates
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a Program, as shown in the screenshot.
- Search in the list of installed updates and try to find KB2966826, KB2966827, and KB2966828 security updates.
- Once found, right-click on each of them and select Uninstall those updates.
Method 2. Using Group Policy Editor
- Press Win + R, then type gpedit.msc in the text box, and press Enter.
- Now, Group policy started, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System.
- Look for “Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair” option on the right plane.
- If it is set to Not Configured, double-click on it, and set Enabled.
- After that, enable Contact Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and close everything.
- After doing this, restart your system and then try to install .NET Framework 3.5. Now, It should proceed like butter. It’ll definitely work for you.
Note: Be careful during registry editing. Because editing wrong thing may crash your system. So, Don’t experiment with Registry files. 🙂
Bonus Method : Using CCleaner
To Solve errors easily without any confusing work, you just need to download and install CCleaner from here and Fix error code 0x800F081F easily . CCleaner is one of the best and easy to use software to solve Windows Errors and to Optimize Windows System by clearing cache, Cookies and Temp files. Not only this it’ll faster your System’s performance and speed. Download CCleaner from the above given link 🙂
If these methods helped you then Comment below your opinion. If you are getting any error then do comment below.
Share on Social Networks and Subscribe to get updated with solutions of errors you get.