If you are getting “0xc000000f: error attempting to read the boot configuration data” boot error on your Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 operating systems, then you are at right place where you can get a solution to this problem.
You get this error because there’s something not good with your system and there maybe some corrupted file or some misconfigured windows settings. Here below we’ll first understand the issue and then we’ll proceed towards the possible fixes to this error code 0xc000000f . The root of this issue is connected to the problems in Windows Boot Loader manager. After getting this error you may get the blue screen on your windows system and that’s really irritating.
What is the main source of this error code 0xc000000f ?
The Error you’ll be getting is –
The Possible reasons for the error code 0xc000000f can be –
1. Missing or Corrupted BCD
The reason could be that the BCD file got corrupted or got missing due to power loss or during manually configuring BCD, Write errors or boot sector viruses, etc.
2. HDD Data Cable maybe Faulty
This problem may occur due to a faulty HDD cable. There might be some cut on the wire or maybe mouse tried it’s teeth on your cable or The cables gets degraded as time passes away.
3. File system integrity compromised
There are few reasons that shows that File system integrity may be compromised because of itself or automatically. That happens even more often if one turns off a PC while it is in the middle of writing crucial data to the boot sector.
How to Fix Error code 0xc000000f on Windows System ?
There are few ways by following which you can easily solve your error code 0xc000000f on your windows system. Every fix solution covers different side like one goes in hardware while other in boot loader and needs understanding of windows operating a little bit. Follow all steps any one will somehow definitely solve your error.
Fix 1: Checking Hardware
- Remove all your Additional Hardware.
- Remove DVD, CD, USB etc and restart.
- If it starts normally then there was problem in hardware.
- Check HDD data cable and other cables.
- If HDD data cable is damaged then change it with a new one.
- Restart your Windows System and it should startup normally without any error code 0xc000000f if there was any hardware error.
Fix 2: Start Windows System using BOOTREC.EXE
Windows 10 comes with a special utility which re configures and repair corrupted files of the boot loader which was causing problem. There is a requirement of the Windows Installation DVD or USB. This tool will repair your BCD or Boot Configuration Data which usually controls the launching of Windows System.
- Insert the Windows DVD or USB installation disk in drive/usb port.
- Reboot the computer. Press any key when prompted to do so.
- Select the correct date, time, currency, language and keyboard before pressing NEXT.
- Select the operating system that you want to repair.
- Click “Command Prompt” in the “System Recovery Options.”
- Type “bootrec.exe” in the prompt before pressing ENTER.
This special utility will automatically start repairing all the corrupted file and configuration files. It’ll repair BCD of the system and restart the computer. Your computer will turn on without error code 0xc000000f.
Fix 3 : Using Troubleshoot CMD
- Restart your computer.
- Insert Windows DVD or USB installation disk.
- Reboot the computer again and press “R.”
- Click “Troubleshoot.”
- Click “Command Prompt.”
- Type “bootrec/FixMbr” and press ENTER.
- Now, Type “bootrec/FixBoot” and press ENTER.
- After that, Type “bootrec/ScanOs” and press ENTER.
- Type “bootrec/RebuildBcd” and press ENTER.
This is recently introduced special Windows Repairing Utility and It’ll rebuild your Windows System BCD and It’ll fix the error code 0xc000000f.